The OSA is pleased to announce it's continued growth in the Ontario soccer landscape by offer elite player leagues for both men and women.
League1 Ontario will continue to maintain its unique structure whereby it is sanctioned as a Semi-Professional soccer league, with all the requisite professional standards that goes with it, but which also permits the participation of full Amateur teams.
The Objectives of League1 Ontario are as follows:
• To create a Standards-Based Semi-Professional league as an integral part of the OSA’s recognized talented player pathway.
• To establish a high performance league that seeks to bring together ALL of the best teams and players in the province, regardless of whether they are Semi- Professional or Amateur.
• To provide athletes a clear and direct pathway to elite levels of the game within their community or with a club in a nearby community.
• To provide talented coaches and referees greater opportunities to work at the elite, senior level.
• To prioritize the advancement of Ontario (and Canadian) athletes.
• To comply with and support the objectives of the CSA’s and OSA’s Long Term Player Development (LTPD) plan and to comply with the OSA’s standards for semi-professional leagues & teams.
• To build a league that operates with professionalism and integrity; which holds its clubs to a very high standard on and off the field; which will be worthy of loyal fan support and media attention; and which will play an important role in developing a stronger culture for the sport of soccer in Ontario.
By 2018, all League1 clubs will be operating in coordination with Ontario's OPDL youth development program.
What is the tryout process?
Trials for the upcoming season for League1 (U23) and U21, Men's and Women's are underway. To apply for a trial or if you had any questions regarding League 1 send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . (Click email)
Men: 22 game season with 11 Friday home games in own division plus crossover games; early May to 3rd week of September; plus cup games with East v West final
Women: 16 game season with 8 Saturday games plus cup games; May to first week of September
How does the league promote young players?
No less than 8 players on any game-sheet must be U23. No less than 4 of those players must be on the starting 11.
No more than 3 non-Canadian players on any game-sheet
How will the U21 teams work?
FC LONDON will have U21 team in the Men's and Women's League 1 Reserve League. These teams will act as reserve teams to the League1 teams with unlimited callups.
Where will home games be played?
FC LONDON is currently finalizing negotiations to play out of a local club venue.
Are there any primary sponsors already identified?
Adidas has committed to equipment sponsorship of the club in the upcoming season. Adidas has an outstanding reputation in their support of local elite soccer.
How do I attend a tryout for the League1 or U21 teams?